"Work with the service that works with you!"
At Premier Staffing, Inc. we strive to provide the highest quality employees to our clients. In order to insure that our applicant pool is as prepared and qualified as possible we have compiled a few resources to help our potential employees improve their resume, interview skills and overall professional appearance.
A resume is nothing more than a quick synopsis of your work experience, education and contact information organized in a list format. Here at Premier Staffing, Inc. we ask that you include dates on your resume so that we can better assess your work history and match you with more fulfilling positions. If you do not have a resume prepared and would like a template to assist you, the site below provides resume templates free of charge.
If you choose to develop your resume through a word processing program such as Microsoft Word there are templates built into the software to help guide you as you fill in your information. Please remember that a resume should appear professional; this implies that the template should not be too colorful or intricate, the font should be easily legible (such as Ariel or Times New Roman) and uniform in size (10-14 pt. font). Make sure that your resume is uniform in format through out the document. Refrain from using bright colored lettering or paper, this can cause eye strain when viewing the resume. Do not include personal information such as your date of birth, marital status, height, weight, social security number or a photograph. Always be sure that you have checked your resume for accuracy including, checking for spelling errors or omissions and updating contact information or work history. Please be sure to list all information in chronological order with your most recent experience listed at the top. Do not forget to include relevant personal or volunteer experience which you have gained outside of a work place environment; this is still applicable to your overall experience and will be considered when looking for placement. Most importantly, always keep your resume as brief as possible. The ideal resume will be clean, clear and under two pages in length. If your resume cannot be reduced to within the two page limit remove any work history that is over 15 years old and limit work descriptions to only the three most recent positions. If you have any additional questions about resume development please see the resume advice article or contact your local library or Employment Security Commission office.
If you are chosen to interview with one of our clients, we at Premier Staffing, Inc. ask that you follow a few steps to insure that your interview is successful.
- Arrive for your interview no less than 15 minutes early. Arriving early insures that you are on time and provides extra moments for you to gather your thoughts and compile any additional resources you may need before you begin.
- Interviews can range in length from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Please be sure that you have allotted enough time in your schedule to accommodate the interview.
- In the event that you are scheduled for a phone interview please insure that you are in an area where you have a reliable phone connection. Also, be sure that you are able to remain free from distractions, such as loud noises, children, or pets, for the duration that the interview will be conducted.
- Always bring multiple copies of your resume to an interview. Even though the client will have a copy of your resume before you walk in the door, it is in good taste to provide the interviewer with a new copy so that they may actively follow along as your refer to your work history and previous experience.
- We encourage our applicants to have a practice interview session with a friend or family member the night before an interview to help ease nerves and prepare for difficult interview questions. We have provided a list of frequently asked interview questions complete with acceptable answers to encourage this practice.
- Be sure to dress professionally for your interview. Avoid bright colors, revealing clothing or clothing that is old, wrinkled or soiled. Wear clothing that is comfortable and makes you feel confident. First impressions are important.
- Be sure to research the company before you attend the interview. An interview is designed to be interactive on both sides. Prepare questions for your interviewer to answer after they have finished general discussions. If you have no questions to ask about the position this can appear as through you are ill prepared for the interview and will decrease your chances of getting hired. Here are a few questions for you to consider.
- Always bring a pen and paper to your interview. This is for you to jot down the important aspects of the company, contact information or additional questions that you may have as you go through the interview process. Also, be sure to bring a bottle of water in case you develop nervous dry mouth or begin to cough.
- And finally, we ask that you please call us after your interview has concluded.
If you need additional help with resume construction, professionalism, or career advice contact your local Employment Security Commission Office to set up an appointment at their job center.
Employment Security Commission Office: 2640 Columbine Ln. Burlington, NC 27215
Office Hours: M-F 8:30 am – 5 pm Phone: (336)570-6800 Jobs Line: (800)768-5627 email@example.com
If you do not have regular access to a computer and would like to schedule an appointment to access one, please contact your local library for assistance.
Orange County Main Library – 137 W. Margaret Ln Hillsborough, NC 27278
Phone (919)245-2525 Operating Hours M-Th 9am – 8pm, F-Sat. 9am – 6pm, Sun 12pm – 6pm
Carrboro Branch Library – 900 Old Fayetteville Rd. Chapel Hill, NC 27516 (inside McDougle Middle School)
Phone (919)969-3006 Operating Hours: M-Th 3:30 pm – 8pm, F Closed, Sa 10 am – 2 pm, Sun 1 pm – 5pm
Carrboro Cybrary – 100 N Greensboro St Carrboro, NC 27510 (located inside Carrboro Century Center)
Phone (919)918-7387 Operating Hours: M-F 9 am – 4 pm, Sa 10 am – 2 pm, Sun Closed
Graham Public Library – 211 S. Main St. Graham, NC 27253
Phone: (336)570-6730 Operating Hours: M-Tu 9:00 am - 8:00 pm; W-Sat 9:00 am - 6:00 pm; Sun 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Mebane Public Library – 101 S. First St. Mebane, NC 27302
Phone: (919)563-6431 Operating Hours: M-Tu 9:00 am - 8:00 pm; W-Sat 9:00 am - 6:00 pm; Sun 2:00 - 5:00 pm
May Memorial Library - 342 S. Spring St. Burlington, NC 27215
Phone: (336)229-3588 Operating Hours: M-Th 9:00 am - 9:00 pm; F-Sat 9:00 am - 6:00 pm; Sun 1:00 - 5:00 pm